RM9000 / E9000, MSP71xx class processors, SOCs and eval boards

RM9000 / E9000, MSP71xx class processors, SOCs and eval boards

Ralf Baechle DL5RB
Folks,

since many years the support code for those devices is rusting away in
the lmo git tree and frankly, I'd get rid of it because there's been
very few patch submissions or any kind of indication that somebody
still cares.  In short, this has turned into a waste of resource not
least my time.

So, is anybody still interested in maintaining that code?  If so, you
better attach a bunch of patches to your reply.

  Ralf

Re: RM9000 / E9000, MSP71xx class processors, SOCs and eval boards

Shane McDonald-3
On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Ralf Baechle <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Folks,
>
> since many years the support code for those devices is rusting away in
> the lmo git tree and frankly, I'd get rid of it because there's been
> very few patch submissions or any kind of indication that somebody
> still cares.  In short, this has turned into a waste of resource not
> least my time.
>
> So, is anybody still interested in maintaining that code?  If so, you
> better attach a bunch of patches to your reply.
>
>   Ralf

I'm interested in the MSP71xx eval board, although I may be
the only person in the world who cares.  Specifically, I use the
msp71xx_defconfig.  3.7-rc8 compiles with gcc-4.6.3
without requiring any patches.

I don't know when the last time the RM9000 was compilable,
but I have no interest in that, nor do I have interest in the
FPGA or eval board versions of the MSP7120 (no hardware to
test with).

I had hoped that someone from PMC-Sierra would respond, but
maybe they don't care anymore...

Shane McDonald